History of Bermudian Church

The congregation began in 1758 (before America was America!) as part of the German Seventh Day Baptist Brethren, a "new church plant" from the Ephrata Cloister. For many years the congregation met in homes with specially designed moveable walls. John & Louise Julius still lived in one of those original Bermudian homes in the 2000's and the moveable walls can be seen. The first Bermudian meeting house was built here in 1856. The congregation soon outgrew that structure and the second house (pictured here) was built in 1887 at a cost of $2500. This is still our place of worship, with the office & educational wing added in 1974, and The Gathering Place multi-purpose building built in 2010.

Then & Now

More Then & Now

The Gathering Place

The Gathering Place Multi-purpose building was built in 2010-2011.